Saturday, February 19, 2011

EVERYONE is called for EVERY remaining rehearsal

We have 7 rehearsals before we have an audience. Everyone is called for every remaining rehearsal. You need to be there unless you have a conflict that you made us aware of at auditions. And if you have a conflict that there is any way you can get out of, please try. We are behind. People have been coming up with new conflicts and have been missing rehearsals. It has been especially bad this past week. It is very frustrating on me and your cast mates, and it makes it difficult to work on scenes when only half the people are there. I know we all have lives outside of this show. But to put things in perspective, I am at EVERY rehearsal, I am building set EVERY day, I am directing 3 other shows at the same time as this one, and I teach the homeschool classes at HFAC, and I have my own business. I have easily exceeded 80 hours on Wonka this week alone. I don't expect everyone to put in that much time. But I do expect you to be at every rehearsal, and be on time. And I don't think that is to much to ask. Again, if you have had conflicts that were on your conflict sheet, I understand. If you were actually sick or in the hospital, I understand. What I don't understand is people just not showing up and not even calling. Or worse, calling to say your sick, and then I hear from someone else or read on your facebook, that you were actually hanging out with friends instead of being at rehearsal. We have 7 rehearsals left. I am trying my absolute hardest to make this a great show for you. This is my first mainstage show to direct. And what a show to start with. It will be amazing. But, working with a cast of 86 is no simple task. And the set, costumes, and dancing for this show are all complicated. I am having fun, and I hope you are too. I love this cast. All of you are amazing. But we are at crunch time. 7 rehearsals left. I need you to bite the bullet and be there for every one. I know this show will be incredible, and I am honored to work with all of you. Thank you.

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment