Friday, March 4, 2011

Music notes - please READ and APPLY

Wonka Music Notes 3-3-2011

I don't give a lot of positive feedback in my notes, because I take them mainly to make adjustments. However, I'm proud of you all, and I love you dearly!!!

Act I

GOLDEN AGE
* All...@ very end "now" is 8 beats!!!!!
CANDY MAN
* Tjade...dear boy...what happened to ur words????
* Tjade...I like the way u ended it yesterday better. Tonight u ended an octave lower than Wonka...I liked the harmony
I EAT MORE
* Michel...is it too low for u now? I'd rather u sing it like u been at the beginning...it sounds like a cheer
* Lucas...energy!!! U luv eating! I wanna hear it in ur voice!
* Dancers...please sing
* Nora...thanks for printing these lyrics for backstage singers!
* Caroline Gregory...don't forget to always round up people to sing this song backstg in the loading dock! I desperately need voices on the mic
THINK POSITIVE
* Sam...low note "you'll know what TO do"...make sure to get all the way down on that note
* Sam...great energy...don't ever lose that
ON TV
* Mihir...much better on the beginning! Now, don't rush
* Mihir..."yes, we can see it alllllll" ...u got off pitch...ur usually good at that part! Careful not to go that high tomorrow!
CHEER UP, CHARLIE
* Seth & Megan.."til that day....right where you belong" got behind slightly
THINK POSITIVE REP
* Sam...again, I luv ur energy...keep it up
GOLDEN TICKET
* Sam...I luv u eating ur chocolate when Phineous is talking to u, funny ( u r a starving kid afterall)
* Sam & Caroline...can u ad lib when trying to get Grandpa Joe out of bed..."c'mon" "u can do it" etc... Just have a couple measures that need to be filled before Joe sings again

Act II

OOMPA 1
* Roger...diction on "eating as much as an elephant"
* All on mics...ur mics r ON for the song even if u don't have a solo to fill out volume...please sing purty!
THERE'S NO KNOWING
* Norris...words
OOMPA 2
* Maddie & Libby...do u wanna switch solos? Talk to me
FLYING
* Josh...I luv the fog
I WANT IT NOW
* Addie...good cover @ beginning
* uh-oh.......
OOMPA 4
* Austin & Ryan...all oompa soloists stand on SR...stand w little Gia
OOMPA 5
* All little oompas...since ur not on stage or on the sides anymore, don't sing...there is a delay in sound
* Spoiled families & dancers! ...please sing Oompa 5 since the little ones apparently can't anymore
FINALE
* Sam...last note "should"...too much!!! Fix vowel and not quite so loud
* All...cutoff...count to 6 & off
BOWS
* for those of you who remember that "gol-den" is different (shorter) than earlier...thank u!

No comments:

Post a Comment